Had enough of carrot muffins made out of baby food? Yeh, me too. While they are delicious, we’ve seen them 1001 times. At least.
Here is a great mini muffin recipe perfect for a Chanukah party, Shavuot, or even a weekday breakfast or Sunday brunch!
Goat Cheese and Scallion Mini Muffins
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 ounces soft mild goat cheese (Trader Joes or Costco sells kosher versions!)
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 bunch scallions
- In a small bowl stir together the goat cheese 2 tablespoons of the milk until combined.
- Into a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt
- Melt butter and in another small bowl whisk together with remaining milk and egg.
- Chop green onions using both the white and the green parts.
- Stir butter mixture and green onions into flour mixture until just combined.
- Put batter into greased mini muffin tins and top with a dollop of the goat cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden around the edges. Let cool slightly before serving.
- Makes around 25 mini muffins