Anyone that follows trends, knows that anything tastes better in a Mason-like jar!
My baking Addiction displays this incredibly creamy-looking cheesecake in a jar. The berries alone look incredible! What a fun Shavuot, Seudat Shlishit or even a party dessert bar! The uses are endless!
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- zest of one lemon
- 2 packages cream cheese, 8 oz each; room temperature
- 2 large eggs; room temperature
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Begin to boil a large pot of water for the water bath.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with your paddle attachment, combine the sugar and lemon zest and mix until the sugar is moistened and fragrant. Add in the cream cheese and cream together until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, fully incorporating each before adding the next. Make sure to scrape down the bowl in between each egg. Add heavy cream and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into canning jars until about ¾ of the way full. Place jars into a larger pan and pour boiling water into the larger pan until halfway up the sides of the jars.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, the edges will appear to be set, but the center will still have a little jiggle to it.
- Carefully remove the cheesecake jars from the water bath and place on a cooling rack to cool completely. Once the cheesecakes are completely cooled, place them into the refrigerator for at least 5 hours. Top will fresh berries and serve.